If you are a first-time parent, or you are expecting a baby soon then you must know how to change a baby diaper. It has been found by the researchers that newborn babies need to be changed diaper about ten times per day, and in a year, you will need to change their diaper about 2500 times.
Diaper changing is very easy but the process is a little bit tricky. Once you know the trick, changing 10 or more diapers regularly won’t be hard for you. Here are some tips and tricks which will help you to change diapers in a hassle-free way.
Need more information? Then read our full article.
1. Prepare all things together. I mean make sure you have everything in your front that you need for changing a diaper. It is important for your baby’s safety because you will not be able to leave the diaper changing area once you have laid your baby down. Many things are needed to change baby’s diaper as a new diaper, wet wipes, clips, talcum powder, and glycerin. (Note: Before you begin to change the diaper, firstly wash your hands properly.)
2. Now lay down your baby on their back on the changing table. Make sure to keep one hand on the baby at all times.
3. Remove your baby’s clothes and the soiled diaper.
4. Once all of the things are safely removed, now you need to clean the lower part of the baby with wet wipes. Be sure to wipe the soiled area from front to back. Move the baby’s legs around gently, so that you can be sure you haven’t missed any spot.
5. Now apply talcum powder or glycerin as necessary.
6. After applied the powder. Now take a fresh diaper and lift your baby’s legs up so you can place the diapers underneath your baby.
7. Once the baby is well taken care off, pull the front of the diaper up, and use one hand to gently hold it in one place. And use your other hand to pull the tabs on each side of the diaper and bring it to the front of the diaper.
8. After changing the diaper makes sure that the diaper is not too tight. You can easily test this by trying to fit your two fingers in the front part of the diaper.
9. Now all things are done. You can replace any clothing over the new diaper.
10. After all, accomplished wash your hands and enjoy with your baby until the next change.
That’s all. Hope now you can change your baby’s dirty diaper without facing any problem.
Author: Alvina Emmy
Hi, I’m Alvina Emmy, a full-time mother of two gorgeous kids and a part-time blogger. Being a single mum for the last 5 years has not only made me a stronger human being but has also fostered my emotional growth as an individual. I wasn’t a know-it-all from the beginning. I learned through mistakes. Parentloves.com is my humble attempt to lend a helping hand to all those new parents, soon-to-be parents and caregivers who want only the best for their kids.