Nursery Dressers are absolutely necessary for parents who love to stay organized!!
And to make the most of their small space!
Imagine your baby’s room without a dresser. Toys, clothes, food, diapers, water bottles— everything cluttered and making a mess out of the room. You never know what stuff can become risky for your little one.
We reviewed some of the best nursery dressers in the market that won’t break your bank and still work effectively.
You will find dressers in various dimensions for different room sizes and in different designs. Most of them can double up as changing tables. You just have to give in a little time to assemble it, that’s it.
Here’s what you came for!
10 Best Nursery Dresser 2022 Reviews
Click a link below to jump to the relevant section
- 1. Delta Children Universal 6 Drawer Dresser
- 2. Storkcraft Kenton 5 Drawer Universal Dresser
- 3. StorkCraft Kenton 6 Drawer Universal Dresser
- 4. South Shore Cotton Candy 3-Drawer Dresser
- 5. South Shore Little Smileys Dresser
- 6. Evolur Madison Double Dresser
- 7. SONGMICS 4-Tier Storage Dresser
- 8.Davinci Jayden 4 Drawer Dresser
- 9.Babyletto Hudson 3-Drawer Changer Dresser
- 10.mDesign Wide Dresser
- Conclusion & Editor Choice
1. Delta Children Universal 6 Drawer Dresser
The Delta Children dresser is one of the safest dressers for toddler and the design makes it versatile to use even when your kids grow.
The dresser is aesthetically pleasing with a classic look that can fit almost any room. You do have the option to choose between 6 colors.
In terms of safety, there is a stopper system inside the drawers that will prevent falling. As most kids and toddlers love climbing on the drawers, the anti-tipping system makes it safer. Use the wall anchor to tether the dresser to the wall.
It’s frame is made from solid wood and the other parts from composite wood material. Still, the whole body feels extremely solid with no flimsy parts. You will hardly ever find scratches or paint coming off.
As a bonus, you can use the top part of the dresser as a changing table. Just get a Delta Changing Kit and drill it into the dresser.
Overall, the Delta Dresser with easy gliding and wide 24” drawers is definitely the top winner for your child’s nursery.
- Smooth gliding drawers with stopper.
- Wall anchor to limit tipping over.
- Can be used as a changing table.
- Wood feels solid from all angles.
- Might emit a strong odor at the beginning (air out before use).
2. Storkcraft Kenton 5 Drawer Universal Dresser
This is the 5 drawer Storkcraft Kenton wardrobe and it’s sturdy enough for both kids and adults clothing.
The Frame of the dresser has solid wood but most of the parts are curved from composite wood. What makes storkcraft different is that it has bracing slats in the middle of the drawer to add more protection. Even the backboard uses screws instead of nails.
The drawers do slide off pretty easily as they have metal gliders. The kids can’t pull the drawers out as they need to be lifted to take them out. Very safe and effective!!
One of the best things about buying a dresser from this brand is that you can match it up with other furniture maintaining the same design and theme. Apart from a few issues of alignment during installation, this wardrobe is a good deal for your home.
- Good support underneath the drawers.
- Easy to understand installation manual.
- Metal track makes drawers slide smoothly.
- Screw based assembly holds pieces better.
- Sometimes drawers might not align properly (depends on your installation expertise).
3. StorkCraft Kenton 6 Drawer Universal Dresser
The Storkcraft Kenton 6 drawer dresser is almost identical to the Storkcraft 5 drawer version. The only real difference is the dimension. This one has a lower height and more width apart. For tight spaces, this is one of the best nursery dressers around.
It’s a composite wood furniture with a frame made from solid wood. Despite that, the drawers have adequate strength for supporting clothing weight. You can also pull and push the drawers with ease. Kid’s can’t take them out, so that helps!
If you happen to buy any one of the Storkcraft Kentons, you can later add more furniture from the brand to keep the design similar. These dressers will certainly keep your baby’s nursery organized for at least a couple of years!
- Drawers have slats in the middle for extra support.
- Size is suitable for small rooms and shallow positions.
- Installation manual is straightforward.
- Smoothly sliding drawers.
- Getting the alignment right can be tricky sometimes.
4. South Shore Cotton Candy 3-Drawer Dresser
The South Shore Dresser is perfect for people who want deep and wide drawers that can hold a lot of clothes. Besides, there are two baskets included in the open shelf to add more storage space(where you can store diaper box, toys etc).
The construction is mainly from particle boards. You can expect each drawer to hold 25 lbs of clothes at max. Though it’s quite spacious, we wouldn’t recommend storing adult stuff.
The dresser has a height of just 32.5”, which could be great for short moms to use it as a changing table as well.
Assembling this furniture will take you between 2-3 hours. The instructions are very clear and all the parts come organized.
Most people love how the baskets compliment the design and functionality of the dresser. The only thing to consider is the smell of the baskets— nothing obnoxious and it will disappear with enough airing.
- Easy to assemble and requires no professional tools.
- Perfect size for small homes.
- Well crafted baskets gives additional storage option.
- Baskets have a bit of smell when new.
5. South Shore Little Smileys Dresser
If you want a kids dresser with a changing table, the South Shore Little Smileys is your best option. It has a modern design and the functionality makes it still usable as your baby grows.
Overall, there are 3 large drawers and one small drawer at the bottom of the right side. The large drawers are a little bit longer than usual drawers, so it can fit quite a lot of clothes. The open shelves at the right are great for storing diapers, baby bottles and toys!
The best thing about this dresser is the removable changing table on the top. It has 2 separate compartments— One for placing the baby and another for keeping diapers and other stuff. The changing table is attached at the back of the dresser and so it won’t leave any holes when you detach it later.
We really loved the white tone and design of the furniture. Some people didn’t like the knobs that came with the unit. That’s not an issue as you can easily replace them.
- Removable changing table with separate compartments.
- Large drawers hold lot of clothes.
- Open shelves add more storage space.
- Modern and simplistic design.
- The knobs provided are not the most appealing.
6. Evolur Madison Double Dresser
If size isn’t a big issue for you, Evolur Madison double dresser is what you wanted. With 3 small and 3 large drawers, you have the best opportunity to organize your kid’s clothes and stuff.
It costs a bit more than some of the drawers we reviewed here. Well, that’s because it has certain features found in only premium furniture – dovetail joints and 3 tier glides.
Even the rustic and modern design combo adds a lot of value to this furniture. If you are one of those people who hates assembling or DIY stuff, you will love Evolur Madison. The wardrobe comes fully assembled with little to no work needed.
The drawers have a soft closing. If your kids have a nag to slam the drawers, this feature really helps. Highly recommended!!
- Anti-tip kit included for safety.
- Soft closing prevents thrashing.
- No assembling required (No need to pay extra for that).
- Dovetail joints are only found in premium dressers.
- Nothing to mention.
7. SONGMICS 4-Tier Storage Dresser
The SONGMICS 4 Tier is a unique and probably the most affordable nursery dresser you can find. It’s not made from wood, rather only metal for the frame and fabric for the drawers.
You might think if the fabric drawers can handle weight or the entire closet will tip over. With a 66 lbs weight capacity and anti-tip strap, the baby closet is totally stable and safe.
There are 8 drawers in total and should be enough for most newborn babies and toddlers. You can also get a 3-Tier version of SongMics if you want. But for growing kids, this is the best.
The dresser is extremely easy to assemble in 10-20 minutes. On top of that, its lightweight design allows you to move it when necessary. There are adjustable screw-in feet that helps to place the dresser on uneven surfaces.
Oh! You can also use the top part as a changing table!!! At such a price range, this is your best bet.
- Sturdy metal frame and anti-tip system provides stability.
- Fabric drawers makes the unit lightweight.
- Perfect for small spaces.
- Fast assembling.
- Adjustable feet.
- Wish It could be a little bit large.
8.Davinci Jayden 4 Drawer Dresser
The Davinci Jayden dresser has a neutral design that can match any decor. If you have a brown color theme, you can go with the espresso finish or choose the white version. It’s GreenGuard Gold Certified, so your child will be safe from toxic emissions.
The dresser has a height of 37.75”, which is a bit taller than average dressers. If you are over 5’10”, you can easily use the top part as a changing table with a Davinci Changing Tray.
The top drawer is placed a little high, which can work great if you want to place lotions, food and medicine in it. It will be out of the reach of your kids.
The drawers have ball-bearing glides that make opening and closing quite smooth. The glides come pre-assembled, which makes installation quicker and easier. The wooden knobs have a round finish for preventing injuries when toddlers start crawling.
You will get an anti-tip kit with the furniture for additional safety. If you decide to use it heavily, you can make out 2-3 years out of it with no issues. Well worth the money!!
- Pre-assembled drawer glides cuts down installation time.
- Extra height suitable for taller people using it as a changing table.
- GreenGuard Gold Certified.
- Drawers have stopping mechanism.
- Shorter people may find it hard to access the top drawer.
9.Babyletto Hudson 3-Drawer Changer Dresser
Babyletto Hudson is a popular brand in the baby community. If you happen to own any furniture from this brand, you will love the dresser as well. It comes in sleek and modern white design that can maintain the simplistic visual of a baby nursery.
It’s a totally versatile furniture that triples up as a changing table, storage cabinet and dresser. There are 3 drawers and the storage cabinet with an adjustable compartment for storing diapers, toys and other stuff.
The top changing table is removable, which makes this dresser usable even when your baby grows old. Keep in mind, the changing table has a dimension of 31”. So, you need to get changing pads of that size.
The drawers are equipped with glides for smoothing movement. Just like the other dressers, it also has an anti-tipping device to anchor the unit to the wall.
Assembling the unit is fairly easy but will take you around 2 hours to complete. The best part is all the pieces are properly labeled and align perfectly within the setup.
- Removable changing table.
- Drawer plus cabinet combo.
- Sleek and modern outlook.
- Relatively easier to assemble.
- Standard changing pads will be hard to fit the table (requires 31” version).
10.mDesign Wide Dresser
The mDesign Wide Dresser is pretty similar to the SONGMIC Dresser we reviewed earlier. The wide and narrow design makes it very efficient for small nurseries, apartments and even placing in your regular closet.
The Dresser combines steel frame with fabric drawers that can hold quite a lot of clothes despite being lightweight. The top part is crafted from MDF wood and has enough strength to hold a lamp or a modern TV.
Assembling the dresser takes between 15-20 minutes with very little effort. You can move it from room to room and even place it on uneven surfaces as it has adjustable feet.
The fabric drawers go in and out smoothly using a knob attached to them. You can clean them using a damp cloth with no issues.
If space saving is your ultimate priority and you don’t want to spend huge money on a dresser, mDesign should be one of your top choices of nursery dressers.
- Fabric drawers makes it lightweight and easy to clean.
- Designed to be placed in small spaces.
- Extremely easy to assemble.
- Adjustable feet helps to place on uneven surfaces.
- Drawers have a strong smell (needs airing prior to use).
Conclusion & Editor Choice
The design and color certainly matter when it comes to home furniture. But when it comes to baby products, things like safety, versatility and price also matter!
If you want the best nursery dresser that has the best of everything, Delta Universal Dresser should be your top choice.
It has an anti-tipping mechanism and a relatively sturdier body than some of the other dressers in this list. With just an addition of a changing Kit, it will double up as a changing table.
You can also find more affordable dressers that will still get your job done, with a bit of compromise on the durability. Nevertheless, all of these dressers are carefully chosen to meet different needs of different kinds of parents and nursery dimensions!