This post was most recently updated on June 8th, 2019
You’re expecting number two or twins, and your family is growing.
Whether you’ve twins or siblings of different ages, handling two babies at the same time could be a lot of stress. Under these situations for a growing family, buying a double stroller is a dire need.
But, which one is the best double umbrella stroller? If searching the best stroller for your children make you confused, end your search here.
We’ve tested on many double strollers over several months to help parents to find the best one for their growing families. In our article, we share everything we explored with a keen eye what makes a double stroller best for your baby and toddler.
Read our in-depth review and choose the best one.
|Delta Children LX Stroller|
|Joovy ScooterX2 Stroller|
|Zoe XL2 Stroller|
|Combi Lightweight Umbrella Stroller|
|JOOVY Stand-On Tandem Stroller|
|Chicco Echo Twin Stroller|
|Maclaren Twin Techno Stroller|
|UPPAbaby G-LINK Stroller|
|City Mini Double Stroller|
|Summer Infant 3Dtwo Stroller|
|Baby Trend Sit N Stand Double Stroller|
|Contours Options Elite Tandem Stroller|
12 Best Double Umbrella Stroller 2019
Click a link below to jump to the relevant section
- 1. Delta Children LX Side by Side Stroller
- 2. The Joovy ScooterX2 Stroller
- 3. Zoe XL2 Stroller
- 4.Combi Twin Umbrella Stroller
- 5. JOOVY Stand-On Tandem Stroller
- 6.Chicco Echo Twin Stroller
- 7.Maclaren Twin Techno Stroller
- 8. UPPAbaby G-Link stroller
- 9. Baby Jogger 2016 City Mini Double Stroller
- 10.Summer Infant 3Dtwo Double Convenience Stroller
- 11. Baby Trend Sit N Stand Double, Carbon stroller
- 12. Contours Options Elite Tandem Double Stroller
- Types Of Double Umbrella Strollers
- Things To Consider Before Buying Best Double Umbrella Stroller
- Advantages Of Having A Best Double Umbrella Stroller:
- Which One Will You Choose?
1. Delta Children LX Side by Side Stroller
The first double umbrella stroller on our list is the famous Delta Children LX. During our entire testing process, we found out that Delta LX is, in fact, one of the best double umbrella strollers we have used so far.
We will now rest our case with the insightful discussion ahead. The Delta Children LX is an excellent, travel- friendly double stroller. Parents must love it because it’s easy-to-drive, easy-to-fold and it’s affordable, but it performs its job.
The decent storage space with netting in the back is convenient to keep your things like phone, lotion, etc. There’s a cup holder with two attachment points to make your ride more enjoyable. It’s a great feel in the handles, and the wheels roll nicely. 360 Degree swivel shock absorbing front wheels, 5-point harness with soft shoulder pads and multi-position reclining feature make the ride not only comfortable but also safe for your babies.
The European style canopy ensures the protection of your precious ones from the elements such as rain, wind, and sun. The JPMA certification brings the peace of mind for parents. This stroller conforms to all applicable CPSC standards and meets or exceeds all ASTM standards.
And price! The price makes it a great value.
- Variety of color options.
- It’s a breeze to fold up and open, and you must love how compact it is when folded up!
- It’s very lightweight and effortless to push.
- If you’re tall, the handles will be a little low for you, and you may feel uncomfortable pushing this stroller.
- The shade canopies aren’t huge. However, you can buy a shade extender which will work out correctly.
2. The Joovy ScooterX2 Stroller
The second product in our list is Joovy ScooterX2 stroller, one of the unique in the double stroller world. It’s designed with many user-friendly features for both parents and passengers. This stroller has just about everything you want and needs at a budget-friendly cost.
It comes with some useful features that make it the best double umbrella stroller for Disney. You can fit Joovy X2 Double through a door 30-inch wide, which means that you’ll be able to fit through most standard-sized doors, the main doors of most shopping facilities in outdoor stores and malls without much trouble.
The basket of the ScooterX2 stroller is the largest storage basket on the market. It allows you to fit a number of things in there at the same time, such as a large diaper bag, store bags from shopping at the mall, and even a few baby dolls.
What I mostly like about this stroller is that each seat is fully adjustable, reclining, and independent of the other. As it often happens, when one baby will fall asleep the other one is awake. So you can lock each seat into almost any position and angle you want, even laying almost completely flat which is perfect for nap time. Each seat also has own in-seat mesh pocket.
X2 double is decently comfortable for children. A five-point reflective harness adds safety to the ride of your children. Something else that are nice about the stroller has large wheels with sealed bearing, parking brakes, large size canopy, two cup holders and two zipped pockets for keeping essentials.
- Travel-friendly stroller.
- It’s easy to steer, and the steering is consistently far more stable.
- One-hand folding mechanism and removable bumper bar make it easier to fold and unfold.
- The height of the handle is perfect for almost all parents.
- The handlebar is a stationary bar that is not adjustable.
- The canopies aren’t independent for each seat.
3. Zoe XL2 Stroller
If you are looking a stroller for your older babies, then Zoe XL2 Stroller will be a perfect choice for you. The first thing that caught my eyes is the light weight of the stroller, which is just 11 pound. In fact, this stroller is lighter than some single stroller.
The stroller has a deep reclining seat. While it doesn’t have a flat recline, it’s not appropriate for the newborn crowd. Babies will at least need head and neck control to use this stroller.
It comes with high-end double canopies that are independent of each other. Each canopy also has a magnetic peek-a-boo window with nice mesh that will provide proper ventilation.
The stroller is easy to fold with one hand and also has four sets of wheels so it will stand up on its own that means you can easily travel with this stroller where ever you want.
- It allows you to attach a lot of extra accessories.
- It can comfortably accommodate children with age and size differences.
- Awesome to navigate through the city. Also, it’s also the best stroller for airport travel and urban use.
- Lifetime guaranty on the wheels. If your wheels break while you own the Stroller, ZOE will fix or replace them without any cost.
- As Zoe want to make the stroller lightweight, they had to sacrifice the wheels. The wheels are not much strong.
- Newborn baby (less than 6 months) cannot use the stroller.
4.Combi Twin Umbrella Stroller
If you’re looking for a lightweight, portable and versatile travel system, full-size double stroller, then the Combi Twin Stroller is what you are looking for.
You’ll get a unique travel system when paired it with the Combi shuttle infant seat. The car seat adapter is also super easy to install. Its all-terrain larger wheels, dual front wheel suspension, and a rear brake, make it one of the best all-terrain double stroller to travel on different surfaces.
You should like the option to lock and unlock the front wheels from swiveling to stationary. The padded multi-position reclining seat can recline separately. The great full canopies over each seat provide complete protection to your children from the element.
Besides, the mesh peek-a-boo not only allows air to flow easily in and out of the seating area of the stroller but also allows you to keep an eye on your children at all times. One hand folding mechanism, spacious basket underneath, parent cup holders, snack tray, drink holder-all these things are nice to have to keep mom and kids happy.
- Its lightweight design makes it the best double stroller for airport travel and public transportation.
- It fits through any standard doorways with ease.
- Easy to maneuver, and pushes very smoothly on every walks.
- The shoulder harness buckles are somewhat difficult to release.
5. JOOVY Stand-On Tandem Stroller
If you’re looking for comfort and convenience for your growing family, JOOVY Stand-On Tandem Stroller can be an excellent choice. This stroller is loaded with features for you and your child’s comfort and convenience.
So, how comfortable it is for parents and children?
The stroller rear seat can hold a child from 6 months to 45 lbs and the front seat can accommodate a child from 3 months to 45 lbs and both the seats can recline in multi-position and it also accepts most major brands infant car seat. So children can sit on the bench seat or stand on the platform.
It’s much easier to manage both kids when using this stroller. If you’re always on the go, you must appreciate its padded bench seat for your older child, a parent tray with storage and two cup holders, and removable child’s tray with cup holders.
Its lockable front swivel wheels with suspension add superior control and stability on the uneven surface. So, you can go anywhere you like to. It also comes with sunshade and 5 point harness which is ideal for growing babies.
- It ensures a smooth ride and comfort to your children, especially when he/she is asleep on the front seat.
- This versatile stroller can accommodate your young ones from infant to toddler to preschooler.
- The size of it folded down should fit into the trunk of most cars.
- The canopy isn’t large enough to provide coverage to two kids at the same time.
- The basket space is not very big.
6.Chicco Echo Twin Stroller
If you want a basic, sturdy and well-made umbrella stroller for your children then Chicco Echo is for you. It will enhance the comfortable ride for the baby and functionality for the mother.
The stroller has 4 positions independent reclining seat with leg support and the leg rests also adjusted to two positions to ensure your baby’s comfortable ride. On the other hand, the fully adjustable individual sun shade will protect your little angels from the harmful rays of the sun.
You must thank to the under seat mesh storage basket, adjustable leg support, cup holders and a point harness that will always give your children the best level of comfort and safety. The stroller also comes with dual front wheels with suspension locks that will help to hold your baby from falling.
- For parents, the stroller has an easy fold and unfold option with a carrying handle for travel and storage.
- Folds small enough to fit in any vehicle without taking up all the cargo space.
- It offers the comfortable position and nice straps for supports.
- It’s easy to care and maintain. With just a damp cloth you can spot clean it.
- It doesn’t come with any child drink holder.
- The canopies aren’t large enough to provide full coverage.
7.Maclaren Twin Techno Stroller
Are you tired in choosing a best double stroller due to it’s either too heavy and bulky, too flimsy and cheap or not practical and expensive? Then, stop your search here.
Maclaren Twin Techno with its award-winning style, safety design, and useful features is the stroller you’re looking for your growing family. This Stroller offers everything you could want to get out and about with your little ones. It can accommodate children up to 55 pounds in each seat. It’s also ideal for newborn babies.
It also has independent canopies that slide up the frame to adjust to accommodate the angle of the sun or give your little rider more headroom. Though the canopies aren’t large, but they have an extra sun visor that flips down and gives 10 extra inches of sun coverage.
You must appreciate it oversized under-seat shopping basket, handy storage pocket, carry strap for easy transport and removable and machine washable (cold) seats. One more thing, it comes with lots of accessories. These are two head huggers and shoulder pads, two coordinating boots, rain cover, and two cup holders that are a great addition at this amazing price.
- Water resistant canopy.
- Newborn baby safety system.
- It’s compact and folds quite small.
- adjustable Handlebar.
- Fits through any door with 29 inches width frame.
- Slightly heavier than some other umbrella strollers.
8. UPPAbaby G-Link stroller
When it comes to buying the smartest, stylish and sleek designed stroller, you should consider UPPAbaby G-LINK. The useful features and functions of G-Link help you to travel with newborn twins or different-aged siblings comfortably.
This stroller comes with head support, a cushioned barrier at the top of the seat and mesh boot at the bottom of the seat that will make your newborn baby’s ride comfortable and safe. You can recline one seat and put up the netting to create a little bassinet for your infant, while your toddler may ride in the other seat.
The SPF 50 sun canopies, the generous basket size, deep pockets on the backs of the canopies, parent cup holder, easy free-standing fold with carrying handle, easy one-stop stopping- all these features will make your everyday travel with your little ones convenient and enjoyable.
- Machine washable seat fabric.
- Narrow enough to fit through most doorways.
- The independent recline and depth of the recline are great for naps.
- The stroller collapse and lock are easy and can be done with one hand if necessary.
- The push is great for a double stroller. Even when only one child is on the stroller, it’s still easy to push.
- The handlebar is not adjustable but the height should be comfortable for most parents.
9. Baby Jogger 2016 City Mini Double Stroller
Baby Jogger 2016 City Mini is one of the best double umbrella stroller for you if you have twins or children close in age and you do a lot of traveling and needed something lightweight and smaller to pack for driving trips.
This stroller features front wheel suspension on 8-inch wheels, forever air tires, auto-locking fold, and full recline option for both seats. Moreover, It also has a large mesh pocket on the back of each seat which is an excellent place to keep quick access items like keys or cell phones.
You may also hold the baby bottle, a water bottle or some types of sippy cups here. The excellent size sun canopies are individually adjustable at a different angle or opening. Each canopy also has a peek-a-boo window with a hook and loop closure. The five-point harness is easy to put on and put off.
Its shoulder strap features 4-different height levels to adjust to a range of five inches, so if one passenger wants to sleep while reclining, the companion can remain upright.
- Super easy to open and fold. Moreover, it folds up so compact for a double.
- Patented one-hand quick-fold and reclining is excellent for parents on the go.
- The set-up of this stroller is a breeze. It just takes 8 minutes to set up from box to ready to roll.
- You can lock the front swivel wheels in place for more comfortable pushing over rough terrain.
- It accepts only one infant car seat. So, it’s not the best choice for twin infants.
- The handlebar and leg rest aren’t adjustable.
10.Summer Infant 3Dtwo Double Convenience Stroller
If you want something lightweight, small and easy to fold up for your little trips around town then Summer Infant 3D stroller might be the right one for you.
It’s much lighter and easier to steer than any jogging or regular stroller. .The aluminum frame makes this stroller not only lightweight but also very durable that won’t break or bend easily. You must feel it sturdy, effortless to push without feeling too heavy to lug around.
It has a stadium-style seating designed which means kid in the back sits up higher and can see all the action out front. The front seat has a removable padded bar and an adjustable footrest that will ensure your baby’s comfortable ride.
In terms of storage, this stroller has a large storage basket under the seats to keeps your baby’s all necessary items. For the parent, There is a storage pocket on the side of the stroller that is perfect for keeps your phone, keys, pacifiers, bottles, etc.
This stroller will fit into any size trunk and is light enough to carry with the shoulder strap and the one button release is true to form. Overall, it’s the best double stroller for airport travel.
- Lightweight design makes the stroller easier to travel.
- The canopy is amazing. It’s detachable and adjustable and comes with other cool features like the rear spy window, reversible from forward to backward.
- 3D two double folds up nice and compact. The folding and unfolding mechanism is easy and quick.
- The only thing I don’t like about the stroller is that the seats do not lay back far enough for the kids to sleep or change diapers.
11. Baby Trend Sit N Stand Double, Carbon stroller
If you’re looking for a reversible front or rear facing convenience stroller, Baby Trend Sit N Stand Double can be an excellent choice for you. The most appealing feature of this stroller for parents is its unique reversible seat that allows you to switches from rear facing to front facing. It comes with some fantastic features that you won’t find in an umbrella stroller.
Baby Trend Sit N Stand Double is an extremely versatile stroller that will accommodate your growing children in various stages of development. This versatile stroller accepts two car seats in tandem( but you have to buy them separately). Thus, it makes it easy to transport your younger child in the front, while giving your older child a comfortable ride and freedom to sit or stand in the back.
The infant safety boots and five-point harness will ensure a safe riding environment for your child. Moreover, the 8-inch front and 8-inch rear EVA tires provide a comfortable and quiet ride. It also features a height adjustable handle and covered parent tray with two cup holders to make your travel more convenient.
- Has 2 canopies to protect your baby from bad weather.
- Has a large storage basket.
- It’s an easy to set up and easy to push up the stroller.
- The 1-hand folding mechanism is fast and easy to use.
- Compared to the other double strollers, the two sun canopies provided do a poor job in terms of providing shade.
12. Contours Options Elite Tandem Double Stroller
Finally, the last product we are looking at is the Contours Options Elite Tandem Double Stroller, Contours Options Elite is one of the finest double umbrella strollers when it comes to getting the perfect balance of form, flexibility, and function.
The seat configurations are the best feature of the Contours stroller.7 different seating options- Versatile seating configurations to keep everyone happy. Reversible seats with new lift-assist mounts for easy Face Forward & Backward, Face-to-Face, Back-to-Back seating options.
The two seats are removable & operate completely independently of one another. The seats are also reclining in 3 positions. This stroller also included mesh pockets inside each seat to store small items.
This Stroller includes a universal car seat adapter that accommodates over ten different infant car seats of various brands. Moreover, the 10-inch rear wheels and 8-inch front swivel wheels will ensure better maneuverability.
Parents must love its stylish new frame, handy quick trigger folding mechanism, auto locks with both seats attached, contour handle, and free-stand design. It also comes with two expandable canopies with mesh zipper panel and magnetic widow/closing.
- Quick disconnect wheels help you to assemble it easily.
- Lift-assist seat design offers you one hand seat dismount.
- It folds compactly for easy storage.
- The sandal-friendly brake is easy to use and located in a very convenient position.
- The cup holder of the stroller is not very profitable.
Types Of Double Umbrella Strollers
Side by Side Strollers:
The side by side double strollers offers interaction between the babies. These strollers have two seats (left and right) and an extra wide handle for you to push. They are foldable like an umbrella. As they are very wide and some models may not be able to fit through narrow doorways.
The Tandem double Strollers include a front and back seat. This can be great for growing families with one young child and a new baby. They are easy to transport and storage. The disadvantage is the difficulty of maneuvering the stroller if the children weigh a lot.
Things To Consider Before Buying Best Double Umbrella Stroller
There is no argument that your baby deserves the best that your money can buy. If you are looking for best strollers for newborns, you most choose the strollers which can suit your requirement. When it comes to double umbrella strollers, there are so many good quality choices out there that the real challenge is choosing the one that will be right for you and your infant or toddler. A little knowledge about the products would be a great help to you.
Choose a stroller that is entirely secure for your child. It is best that the stroller has a 5-point harness.
If you want your stroller to be suitable for newborn & toddler baby, check the maximum weight of the stroller. That will carry both kids comfortably.
You have to choose the wheels according to your terrain. Larger wheels can give a smoother ride for your baby, and make it easier for you to push.
If you love traveling with your kids frequently, it is important to choose a stroller that is foldable& easy to carry. So that you can open or fold the stroller with one hand when you holding the baby with the other hand.
Find stroller with a storage area under the seat for you to keep your stuff such as babies diapers, wipes, cream or your shopping baggies. If your stroller storage is not enough to carry all your necessary then you can use a stroller organizer.
Be sure the stroller has one-touch brakes that lock the wheels in place and is easy to operate with your foot. Usually to lock it just press down and to unlock it just push.
A stroller with large adjustable canopy will protect your baby from bad weather. You can also use a stroller fan in the summer to protect your baby from the heat of the sun.
If your whole family will push the stroller then you should choose a height adjustable handlebar stroller.
Advantages Of Having A Best Double Umbrella Stroller:
As the name suggests, a double umbrella stroller is an essential umbrella stroller with two seats rather than one. The double umbrella stroller is a lightweight, convenient, and inexpensive baby gear that may be perfect for occasional strolling needs for twins or children of different ages. You can find many varieties of the double umbrella stroller, most of them quite simple and affordable. Though this type of stroller may not be suited to all strolling needs, it certainly has its advantages.
Convenient For Two-Hassle Free Travel
Are you blessed with two children of multiple ages or twins?
Well, now that you are the parents of two, it’s time to get them the best of effective parenting. In fact, if you’re parents on the go, instead of buying two different strollers, it would be best for you to get a double umbrella stroller. A double umbrella stroller is very convenient for you for everyday use or to make them roam.
Lightweight And Folds Up Easily
The big advantage of double umbrella strollers are these are generally lightweight and folds up very quickly. This feature makes it easy to carry around and convenient to store when you’re not using it. These strollers are ideal if you’re stroller your children part of the day and then carrying it the rest of the time. The folded compact size makes it perfect to fit well in limited closet space or in small car trunks that build them ideal for traveling families.
Easy To Maneuver
Another advantage of the double umbrella strollers is you can steer these pretty well even in crowded places. If you’re planning on going to amusement parks, state fairs, through busy streets or the like, this type of stroller won’t have you running into other people.
Having two children takes a considerable measure of cash funds. Right?
As a parent, you must know this.
However, buying a double umbrella stroller will save your money instead of investing in two different strollers. Moreover, when another baby will be born, you can use the same one for two.
Which One Will You Choose?
The simple truth is that buying the best stroller is never simple.
But, don’t worry.
We have extensively studied these strollers, so you don’t have to. Stop worrying about testing strollers after strollers. Choose from one of our top twelve strollers for your baby, and you are sure to be satisfied.
However, what’s the best among the best?
This stroller is high quality and exceptionally well made. It comes from Delta, a well-known company that makes quality pieces. In fact, Delta Children LX is so excellent that industry insiders and product reviewers have repeatedly recommended it. Most parents love it for the comfort that it gives the baby along with maximum safety. It’s really a great stroller that folds up quickly, efficiently, and compactly, and holds up very well.
Don’t believe us?
Ask your local stroller store, and they can give you lots of stories about why this one is the best among the best.
We couldn’t agree with the experts more! We think you should give this stroller a try.
At the end of this article, I just want to add, take your time to plan and consider what type of best double umbrella stroller you really need to buy. Choose one that will give the best comfort, highest safety for your baby and suits your needs.
Wishing you and your little one a safe, comfortable riding!