“Baby-bottom smooth” is the most frequently used phrase to describe anything that’s super soft to touch. Let’s just say baby tushies have created a benchmark for everything that’s smooth and spotless.
Wow! With that big reputation comes big responsibilities. Maintaining a baby’s tush as soft and rash-free as it’s touted out to be can be a huge challenge for parents, especially when the baby is born with ultra-sensitive skin.
Some wipes are made with chemicals that can worsen your little one’s diaper rash problem. Looking past the huge array of chemical-based wipes the market has to offer and finding a safe, chemical-free wipe for sensitive baby skin is not as easy as you think it is. If it were that easy, I wouldn’t be writing this article in the first place.
Like always, I took care of the hard part of researching and compiling a bullet-proof list of 10 best baby wipes for diaper rash to save you some precious time and effort.
So without wasting a single moment, let’s cut to the chase:
10 Best Baby Wipes for Diaper Rash 2020
Click a link below to jump to the relevant section
1.Pampers Sensitive Baby Diaper Wipes
The biggest challenge parents face while choosing any baby essential under the sky is the trust issue. Babies are, well, babies. Their skin is probably the most delicate thing on this planet, which is why one wrong move can trigger a nasty skin breakout.
Pampers is one of those very few brands which have made quite a name of itself with their product quality and reliability. This particular set of wet wipes carries safety and quality certification by dermatologists. That’s quite assuring. The packaging also states that the wipes are unscented and made from hypoallergenic materials which is reassuring.
It doesn’t have any of the nasty allergy, redness or rash triggering ingredients like alcohol, paraben or phenoxyethanol. Your baby’s buttocks are going to love the SoftGrip texture of the wipes as it doesn’t demand vigorous rubbing to wash away stubborn dirt off the surface.
It uses a no-fuss, skin-friendly water-based formula which not only keeps the diaper rashes and allergies at bay but also improves the pH balance of the skin. You will be getting a total count of 576 wipes in one pack for a price that seems very reasonable if you consider the quality of the wipes.
- Water-based, unscented formula is absolutely safe for sensitive skin.
- Improves the pH balance of the skin.
- Above-average absorption power.
- Dermatologist certified.
- The packaging has a lot of room for improvement. The new packaging doesn’t have the reclosable seal anymore which makes storing the wipes a little difficult.
2.Seventh Generation Baby Wipes
Available in 504 and 768 count packages, these completely alcohol, paraben and scent-free wipes are as soft on baby skin as they come. I would confidently recommend these wipes to newborns whose ultra-tender skin simply can’t handle regular wipes.
The thick cushy wipes have a quilted texture and are super moist which makes wiping big poop off the baby tush easy breezy with just a couple of light swipes. Sure, it won’t eliminate the poop smell since they are unscented but you have baby powder to get rid of that smelly ass.
Unlike the previous product which suffered from poor packaging, this one comes with a flip-flop opening which helps to keep the moistness of the wipes intact. The flip tops also make pulling out single wipes a snap. Thanks to the thickness of the fiber, you can use them for cleaning milk, food, and spit-ups from the off the mouth and neck area as well
- Soft yet thick quilted texture makes washing away messy poop a breezy affair.
- Can be used for wiping face, neck, hands, and underarms as well.
- The large packet should easily last you for/a little over a month.
- Flip-top opening keeps the wipes moist.
- Safe for newborns with extremely sensitive, rash-prone skin.
- More often than not, two or three wipes stick together. Taking them apart sometimes becomes a real pain in your ass. But hey! It is kinder to your baby’s ass and that’s what really matters, right?
3.Honest Company Baby Wipes
Sure, these wipes are a little on the pricier side but if your baby’s skin has recently become overly reactive, Honest Company has got your baby’s back (and butt, obviously). Their soft and textured surface and mild moistness is perfectly safe for slightly grown infants and toddlers, but not so for newborns up to 19 months.
To prevent rashes and allergic reactions from diapers, the 100% chemical-free wet wipes is enriched with the goodness of soothing chamomile, cool cucumber and skin detoxifying masterwork leaf extracts. Together, these ingredients leave your baby’s butt smelling fresh and kinda herby which is a thousand times better than that soul-squeezing poop smell.
- Thick, soft and texture grip improves the cleaning efficiency.
- Made with skin-friendly, naturally-fragrant plant and water-based formula.
- Not too soapy.
- Can be used for cleaning other parts of the body as well.
- A tad on the smaller side.
- The wipes stick together. Taking them apart while holding your babe’s leg with one hand is a challenge.
4.WaterWipes Baby Wipes
These NEA-certified baby wipes are one of the safest wet wipes on this carefully chosen list of the best baby wipes for diaper rash. It doesn’t contain a trace of harsh chemicals and is safe to use on newborns cursed with overly sensitive skin. Not just the bottoms, you can use these cushy wipes to clean up the stickiness off your baby’s face, fingers, neck, and thighs as well.
My research and common tells me that the best baby wipes to prevent diaper rash are the ones made using plain water. The core ingredients of the wipe solution include water (99%) blended with 0.1% grapefruit extract to help control rash breakouts and enhance the pH balance of the skin.
- 99% water 0.1% grapefruit extract blend doesn’t hurt or irritate the infant’s ultra-sensitive skin.
- Manages to remove poop odor to a great extent.
- Excellent cleaning efficiency, can be used for cleaning dirt off other surfaces too.
- Moisture-locking resealable closure.
- Might seem expensive but the quality of the wipes makes spending extra bucks worth it.
- One complaint though when you pulling out a single wipe the whole bunch comes out together.
5.Babyganics Baby Wipes
A major part of taking care of a newborn involves dealing with incessant poop storms and projectile vomiting. Buying small counts of expensive wipes isn’t a feasible idea if you have a poopy baby in your care. In that case, bulk buying affordable Babyganics sensitive skin wipes can save you a lot of money and headache.
These non-allergenic wipes are made with the goodness of water and chamomile extract which lends it a mellow citrus-y scent. There’s no chemical or artificial dye in the wipe solution that can potentially trigger rashes, skin chafing or redness.
I love the simplicity of these wipes. They are soft, thick and have a good traction which makes cleaning poo dirt off the bum and sticky mess off those little fingers super easy. Apart from the huge count of wipes in the pack, what’s also amazing is the ridiculously long-lasting wetness of the fabric. If you buy a big pack, rest assured you are sorted for a couple of months.
- A very affordable and smart option for loading up on wipes.
- Stays moist for months.
- Thick and soft, goes easy on tender skin.
- Multipurpose use- can be used for wiping off fingers, mouth, neck as well.
- Mild floral scent masks the poo odor.
- They do not smell good.
6.Bloom Baby Wipes
Among all the wipes I have reviewed till now, these ones are by far my most favorite. Sure, they don’t come cheap but their cleaning action, chemical-free, plant-based extract formula, and large size makes it worth every penny. The part I love the most about this brand is that they clearly mention each and every ingredient in the wipes without using any vague, gimmicky terms.
The fabric of the wipes is purely organic and is loaded with the goodness of plant extracts, Vitamins A, B, D and Omega 3, 6 along with pure water. The combination of ingredients is ideal for overly sensitive skin.
It not only keeps rashes miles away but also leaves the skin detoxed, soft, and smelling fresh. Each wipe measures 8”x7” which is significantly larger than most baby wipes. You can even rip them in half to make the pack last longer. The thick and textured wipes have a good grip which makes taking off tough poo leftovers easier for you.
The resealable packing closes all the way down to keep the moisture level intact for several days. And no, they don’t grow mold after a few weeks. That either BS or the users who complained about it, unfortunately, received a bad batch.
- Amazing cleaning action.
- Large size.
- 100% chemical-free, has a mild natural scent due to the use of several plant-based ingredients in the formula.
- Keeps the tender skin moisturized and maintains ideal pH balance.
- According to the majority of users, its only downside is the poor quality of the soft plastic travel pouches that come with it.
7. Amazon Elements Baby Wipes
Another great for if you are up for hoarding wet wipes for emergencies. This particular brand of wipes are specially designed for newborns and kids who have extremely rash-prone and dry skin.
The set contains multiple packs instead of one huge refillable box which makes me feel a mixed bag of emotions. I both love and hate the fact that they come in multiple small packets. Anyway, that’s not a big deal for me.
The wipes come in two colors: blue and purple. Like most users, I also prefer the purple ones more as they have just the right amount of wetness and thickness.
The blue ones fray easily if you try to clean a big poopy mess with it. On the contrary, the purple ones are textured which makes wiping gunk off the bum much easier. Almost all brands making baby wipes for sensitive skin label their product “unscented” but very few of them actually are totally scent-free. This one, gladly, belongs to that rare category.
- One of the safest wipes on use on newborn babies.
- Truly scent-free.
- Highly absorbent.
- Amazing value for money.
- The purple ones have a good grip which allows for easy cleanup.
- The blue ones could have been a little more thicker and softer.
- Some users have complained that the wipes dry out quickly. However, if you need lots of wipes every day for now, this shouldn’t be a problem.
8.Huggies Natural Care Baby Wipes
These budget-friendly wipes for diaper rash babies are medicated with aloe and Vitamin-E to keep your baby’s delicate bottoms moisturized, rash-free and soft as silk.
While wiping with plain water-based wipes eliminates the risk of diaper rashes to a great extent, they don’t really hold up well against poop hail storms and spit-ups.
The triple-layered textured wipes come handy in removing poo gunk from the bum and sticky mess from the little face and fingers of your junior. I also loved the packaging on this one.
The top lid remains tightly locked in place which prevents liquid leakage and keeps the wipes moist for several weeks. Another bonus is the strap attached to the packet, which is very useful while traveling around with a stroller.
- Well-designed flip top-lid.
- Attached strap on the carrying pouch makes it a great travel companion.
- Thick, three-layered textured fabric maximizes cleaning efficiency.
- Loaded with the skin benefits of Vit-E and aloe vera.
- Stays moist for a long time.
- The fabric tends to break apart if you rub too hard.
9.Lansinoh Baby Wipes
It would have been injustice to draft a list of the best baby wipes of diaper rash without mentioning one of the highest-rated wipes of the year. The wipe formula is loaded with antimicrobial properties to keep skin infections and allergies miles away from your little one tush.
The layer of lanolin on the wipes reduces diaper rashes in two ways: one, by increasing the moisture retention ability of the skin. And two, by creating a protective barrier between the diaper and the skin.
Not just for wiping poo-poo off the baby butt, you can use these synthetic perfume-free, lanolin-covered wipes for cleaning dirty body parts, open wounds as well as bug bites. Don’t worry, they don’t sting at all.
The soft and grippy texture of the wipes makes washing solid yucky mess from the bum much easier than regular wipes. Lansinoh has made sure each wipe contains the right amount of moisture, neither too dry, nor too soapy.
Overall, they are one of the safest, gentlest and most reliable best baby wipes for diaper rash baby you can buy if you don’t mind shelling out a couple of extra bucks.
- The fabric is sturdy but easy on the skin, doesn’t break apart even if you wipe too hard.
- Medicated with lanolin to keep the tender skin hydrated and rash-free.
- Textured fabric provides good traction, takes the chore out of cleaning solid mess off the bum.
- Safe to use for cleaning wounds and rash-covered areas as well.
- Pop-up dispenser for fuss-free storage.
- Not 100% scent-free and contains methylparaben for its antimicrobial properties. Don’t worry about it too much though as the paraben levels are kept within the USFDA-approved limit.
10.Grab Green Natural Baby Wipes
If the presence of methylparaben is bothering the mama/papa bear in you, grabbing a bag of these paraben-free Grab Green Wipes could put your mind at ease. Like any top-notch baby wipe worth its salt, these wipes also work well on allergy, rash-affected and/or wounded areas.
Not just that, this lesser-known brand has stepped up its game by medicating the wipes with witch hazel extract and lemon peel oil. Both of these ingredients are natural astringents, having strong antimicrobial and antibacterial properties.
The collective strength of these plant-sourced extracts helps to soothe inflamed skin, making them the safest wipes to use on chicken pox marks, bug-bitten, chapped, and sunburned skin. You can safely use the wipes to treat the rashes on your baby’s face, necks, thighs, and other areas as well. The wipes are adequately thick and moist to tackle the worst kind of poopy mess.
- The ingredients used in the wipe formula are natural astringents and have a calming effect on the skin.
- Works on almost all the kinds of skin ailments babies and toddlers with sensitive skin usually suffer from.
- Contains glycerin and aloe gel shield the skin from harsh diaper chemicals.
- Can be used for soothing itchy chicken pox rashes as well.
- Light fragrance helps to mask poop stink.
- With so many slipper (albeit skin-friendly) coatings on the wipes, the fabric naturally affects the cleansing action of the wipes. I would suggest keeping these wipes as a backup option in your arsenal along with regular-textured wipes like the ones reviewed above. These ones are specifically created for moisturizing and bacteria-proofing super-sensitive skin.
So there you go. I have done my best to keep my list as versatile as virtually possible by including all kinds of skin-safe wipes you will find in the market. From biodegradable, unscented, chemical-free options to premium reusable, easily washable wipes made using mild moisturizing lotions, water, vitamins, and fatty acids, this laboriously curated list of the best baby wipes for diaper rash has it all.