Avocados make a great first solid food for babies due to their creaminess and highly palatable texture. They are easy for babies to swallow. Avocados also have nutrient compounds such as vitamin A, C, B1 and B2, folate, niacin, potassium, sodium, magnesium, calcium, iron and phosphorus among others. You can introduce avocados to your baby between the ages of 4-6 months.
Follow our step by step instruction to make the first avocados puree for your baby.
1. Take 1 ripe avocado.
2. Cut the avocado in half lengthwise. Cut deeply, until the knife touches the seed so that the avocado will be easy to pull apart.
3. Twist and pull the two halves apart. To remove the seed, stick the sharp end of the knife into the seed. Twist the knife slightly and the seed will pop out. (Sometimes this is a little easier to do with a spoon!).
4. Mash up the avocado using a fork. It’s easy to mash up on a flat surface. Mash up until smooth and no chunks left.
5. Now finally your avocado puree is ready to serve.
How much to serve:
- For 4-6 months baby – serve 1 Tsp.
- For 7 months baby – serve 2 Tsp.
- For 8-9 months baby – serve 1 Tbsp.
- For 10-12 months baby – serve 1/4 cup.